You Will Never Believe Where These 43 Socks Were Found!

660x10004
Picture of what a great dane looks like

A Great Dane was was lucky to be alive after 43 socks were removed from his stomach.  Recently he became ill and had some X-rays taken of his stomach. After the problem was discovered he was rushed to an emergency animal hospital in north-west Portland, Oregon.

Dr Ashley Magee explained to CNN “We opened up his stomach and kept removing sock after sock of all different shapes and sizes,”

Later the X-rays which impressed the vet were entered into the annual “They Ate WHAT?” contest at Veterinary Practice News. They ended up winning a $500 third prize. They ended up losing to a frog who gobbled up 30 rocks from the bottom his cage and a German shorthaired pointer who swallowed a metal shish kabob skewer.

Since the operation there have been no further sock swallowing incidents.

A dog who ate nearly 44 socks helps a Portland vet gain national honors
Picture: Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital
A dog who ate nearly 44 socks helps a Portland vet gain national honors
X-ray of inside the dogs stomach Picture: Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital

Leave a Reply